happy shabby cath kidston

Hi guy's well look at me - anyone who knows me will definitely not believe that I have been camping!! Fred has been on at me for years, to get me to go - but I have never given in, partly due to the fact of having to go to the 'bathroom' in the middle of the night! I do like my comforts. But one day we happened to be passing our local camping supermarket and we found ourselves inside - the appeal of the enamel crockery was too much and I was beginning to like the idea of it. 

Plus the other sunday, we were wondering where to go for the day, when Rosie asked if we could put up our Cath kidston tent, we both looked at Fred, he has been saving this tent for about 2 years now,(he thought if he left it in the wrapping - it would be worth money one day!) it was still in the cellophane in the cupboard and no-one had dare ask, until now!....and to our surprise he said yes...anyway after about an hour the tent was erected (in the Lounge!) and we were all lying inside it including max!..there is something sooo cosy about being inside a tent...something of a new found discovery for me.


Well that was it really - we sorted out the whole house, including the garage and found a multitude of saleable items and sold them at our local bootsale, we raised enough money to buy the tent and some accessories, the rest we took from indoors....and in order to make sure that I really enjoyed myself, Fred bought me a extra high blow up mattress, it was soooo cosy...it was absolutely divine zipping myself up in my pod bedroom, reading all day long...I have decided that I love camping, its so relaxing. We had wind, We had rain, but our tent was absolutely fantastic, tents these days are so clever in design and they have plenty of storage - I said to fred I could do an advert for our Coleman Galileo, We can't wait to go camping again. I would definitely recommend it! Do check out our pictures....


This is our Father's Day morning breakfast...How fab is that tent!...and red spots - we love red spots...and theres the fabulous enamel set that we originally bought in the camping shop.
cath kidston camping style
....another view, my pod was in the middle, I have fond memories of curling up with my book! we also had an electric hook-up so I was able to listen to my Roberts radio too!


happy campers
This is me (sorry about the hair!) I had just washed up! oh and look at that fab granny blanket, Fred went to a 'too early for me!' bootsale on the Sunday morning and bought it for £2.50.

Cath Kidston star bag
This is my beautiful daughter Rosie, who I have yet to introduce you too (she is lovely!) with my favourite Cath Kidston bag!


coleman galileo pimped up tent
...another view of the kitchen and freds bed right by the door ( he's always hot!)...and can you see our lovely eiderdown, we bought that in our favourite shop in Rye...if you have any questions about camping - please do drop me a line, the Campsite we went to was in Whitstable...

Luv Happy xx


15 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the camping photos. I used to go camping as a little girl. I know what you mean about zipping yourself up in a tent. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your camping trip looks absolutely fantastic. It just shows that if you make an effort, camping can be like a home from home with just as many comforts. I love that Granny blanket. I keep searching for such a nice one on ebay but haven't had any luck yet. So far I have resisted the temptation to buy one of Caths! Not sure how long I can keep resisting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely camping photos! I love camping but hubby's not so keen ,unless it's already erected(Eurocamp etc)There's something about the smell of camping I love, cooking on the little gas stove and all that!The Granny blanket is so pretty and what a bargain

    ReplyDelete
  4. You set up the loveliest camp I've ever seen! My kids and hubby are itching to go, but we must wait until August. If my son even smells a pine tree, it makes him want to go camping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to go camping with you! Have you seen this site: http://www.thehappycampers.co.uk/?

    I saw Fred's link over at Yvestown the other day, and his blog was just so great, and then I noticed your site in my referrer stats, and I love your blog too! Welcome both of you to blogland :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's a middle of the night "tinkle tip" that works great for me..................if it's dark and your car is parked somewhere near your tent, just sit on the bumper of the car or open the car door and sit down on the edge of the car to tinkle. No one around you is awake, you don't get your legs wet, and you don't have to squat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog on anothers that I read (allsorts) and loved, adore actually, the pic she posted of your house.

    We just moved into an 85 year old house and I've just been so inspired by you. ^_^ Gives me hope that I can brighten up this place without painting since we rent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! Welcome to the blogging world! I got you and your husband's links from Jenny at Allsorts. I have to say your camping post is perfect timing for me. We are supposed to go camping in a couple of weeks and I have to admit that I'm not looking forward to it - I'd rather be home with my pretties and comfy places to sit. But, seeing your gorgeous photos and styling campsite makes me think I need to look at the experience from a different perspective! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your campsite photos...You made your little corner of the campground look so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is camping in style! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to meet you! You really camp in style...makes me determined to cute up our camping stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys rock!! I may have to rethink this camping business!
    Love your blog! Love Fred's blog! SOOOO glad I found you both!
    Such fun camping pics... I am taking it all in.... the granny blanket.... the baker's twine... the colors and textures... oh my gosh, what a feel good post!
    I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hayley, I love your camping photos! Wow. I would love to save some of them on my computer, would that be OK? I love your blog, which I just found. We visited parts of England in July. It was wet, but the part we adored was Haworth in Yorkshire. We had a fantastic trip, and I love to find blogs like yours where I can keep up with all things English! Half of my roots are English/Welsh. Thanks for the lovely photos in your neat blog. I'm going to bookmark you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your attention to detail and your daughter is divine, also thanks to stacy for that'tinkle tip.'
    tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Camping? No, Glamping (like Domesticali!)
    Looks like you took everything except the kitchen sink (and I'm sure if it was red dotty enamel you would have taken that, too!)
    Glad you enjoyed your camping trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...I really do appreciate your kind words xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.