Here they are, the pictures of our Christmas Home - I'll talk you through them as we go...we have moved furniture and everything...! It was difficult to take the pictures though, as the lights weren't too good....and when It was time for me to take them, it was always approaching dusk....but here goes...

This is the top of our main Christmas tree......do you spot something a little different here!

Above, this picture is by the front door....Red teddy is guarding the Vintage Christmas balls!
This is a picture at the top of our first level of stairs - I decorated this tree....(must put some more on the bottom!) The picture is a bit dark - but it is soo lovely and really gets you in the mood....for the front room!...Look at the vintage christmas stocking behind it that fred bought on ebay.
This is our Main Christmas tree, Yes girls it upside down, we bought it in Germany 2 years ago, but they have only just arrived in England this year (John Lewis)....its great if you don't have alot of space, but you have to have balls on string hanging down otherwise it just doesn't work!
....And heres my favourite hook rack - pimped up a little!.....Lexicon cards always come in handy you know. It pays to have a couple of sets, so you can actually display a few words.
Look at Santa....another Ebay purchase.

We moved the table over to the other side and it works really well so much more light over there....and you can't have too many candy canes at Christmas can you.

Yes we are very organised this year, we have bought nearly all of our christmas presents and have already wrapped them up! thats always my job....and I have gone a bit to town with the ribbon!

I love this area...its just above the TV actually, we used to have a TV in a cupboard, it was lovely as you can just shut the door and pretend you havn't got one, but it was so small and as both our eyes are deteriorating we had to get a larger one, but we have decorated around it....what we need to do is make a large cover for it....I'll have to ask Yvonne at Yvestown as she recently sent us some material for freds quilt and also a lovely sewing machine cover - thankyou Yvonne :).

This is as you look through into the dining room from the living room.....

More lexicon cards.....remember to pick them up through the summer bootfairs!

This is a picture of the Kitchen, Fred has put a lovely little hall table at the end under the window and it works really well for us.....

I had better end here, don't want to bore you all - hope you like this insight into the family christmas home, fred has put up most of the decorations, as I have been busy (see previous post!) I think he has done a really good job - well done freddy!

Luv Happy xx

31 comments:

  1. Hi! I love your pictures! The reds and blues are beautiful! Last year was the first time I'd seen an "upside down tree" I'm in the States and my neighbors had two, each in front of a large window in the front of their house. Lots of cars stopped! Everything looks so pretty! By the way...what is a lexicon card? I did a search on the internet....I can't find them! (but I love them!)
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hayley, its Hayley here.
    WOW your Christmas decorations look amazing. You have inspired me just in time, because today I am finally allowed to put up our decorations (hubby wouldnt allow it untill 1st December) I am so excited now, I want to go all out crazy like you guys did. Wow, its just so cheerful and colourful and WOW!!!

    Thanks also for the comment on my blog and adding me to your blog roll. Its great having new blog friends.

    Cheers,
    Hayley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What delightful pictures! The blues and reds and white look so fresh - thanks for sharing, and the inspiration (tomorrow's decorating day!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house feels like a fairytale house to me, you have such an individual style, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your holiday pictures! The red and aqua is so Fabulous!! xo, suzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already left a comment with Fred about how beautiful it all looks.I had to comment again after seeing the red and the white reindeers you have.Where are they from?I have a real hing for deers in general. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!~~~I simply ADORE your colors! What a fabulous dosplay!~~~Happy Holidays to YOU!~~~XXOO, Beth from America

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW WOW WOW
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    INSPIRATIONAL!!!!!
    XMASSY DELIGHTS
    Msaims.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW,your Xmas decs look beautiful,You've made me feel in a really Christmassy mood now.You work so hard on making such beautiful things for your home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hayley, your home looks fabulous, I love all the red, just beautiful. I've never seen an upside down tree,must take a bit of getting used to. I never get bored of looking at Christmas decorations so thanks for sharing your home with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness ! Your decorations are gorgeous !! thank you so much for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooooohhhhhhhhh- i just want to come and sit in your house- everything looks fantastic- i love that you love color- merry bright christmas 2 you all-p.s dont for get to put your lip stick on la la la love jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my!! I just want to come over and have a close look at everything that's up there. You've done so well!! I think you should keep it like this for the rest of the year. Just change decorations when Christmas 2008 comes. Love it!! Oh and a TV cover - hmm, I've tried that but in a while I got so bored by this enormous piece of fabric standing in the living room. But it's simple to make, if you're serious I could e-mail you some instructions. I'm actually considering banning the TV from the living room an putting it in the attic LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your decorations ! What a good job your husband had done. Looks like a very cheerful home.

    Blessings,Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI, EVERYTHING LOOKS LOVELY. yOU AND YOUR HUBBY DID A GRET JOB. LOVED IT ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was thinking about changing colourscheme for Christmas, and your top picture has the perfect colours - light blue, white and red, really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You and Fred have been an amazing christmas inspiration to me! your house looks just perfect : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can almost imagine you having gingerbread doors and icing on the roof!
    It all looks perfect and I love the upsy downy tree.
    Have a lovely Christmas Hay,hope your children are well,Fred looks a hoot dressed as a reindeer !!!
    Best Wishes Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's soooooooooooooo loveley,all your
    pictures from your Christmas-deco.
    I love it all.
    Best Wishes Regina

    ReplyDelete
  20. i just stumbled into your blog...beautiful! I love the pictures of your home all decorated for christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. well its not wonder you call yourself Happy! How could you not be happy living in such a bright and cheerful home! your home is decorated beautifully! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE your home!!! Simply amazing, so much to look at. Can I come over for tea? LOL
    All your yummy CK stuff is just so pretty, wish I had a store near by.
    I'm so honored so see my name on your Happy blogs, that makes ME very happy, and I will add you pronto to mine as well.
    Love your blog.
    Merry Christmas.
    Smiles,
    Helle Greer

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Hayley,

    I just popped over from Ruby Red and I am so glad that I visited ~ your blog is adorable!

    I love your Christmas decorations and I have to admit that I wasn't sure about the upside down tree idea until I saw one recently and it was stunning.

    Merry Christmas!

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  24. The house is beautiful. Love the colors! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, your combination of colors and patterns are stunning!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Bellissima!!! Beautiful!! Bellissima!! It's a very special house for dreams...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your blog and the fantastic pictures from Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just want to climb into my computer and jump into your house! Love all your photos, your style, your happy things! Having a major drooling moment here! Hello from the other Happy - Monica :o)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I found your beautiful blog while searching google images for upside down Christmas trees. I hope it's okay if I use one of your pics with a link back? Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...I really do appreciate your kind words xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.