Hello everyone - we have been decorating the house for the Easter Holidays just recently, well actually we started last week and the preparations started with a trip to Columbia Road, well it is a flower market...and remember from last time they do have rather lovely shops...so rather than write too much, I have decided to talk you through some pictures for an easter treat, its better for the figure as well ;0)!

Spring is on its way, the sun is shinning thought the windows, so we thought we had better get some dafs and tulips to decorate the house - what a lovely time of the year!

Fred has been collecting odd chairs from the local boot sales through the winter, he never paid more than £2.00 for each one as that was his budget!...theres bargains to be had in the dreary rain you know! The other day he painted them all odd colours and also made the teacup candlabre over on the left hand side....all that and I was still trying to teach myself frontpage!!....Ill be a computer Whizz yet! I just wish I was born 20 years later so it would all make sense a little quicker!!

Beautiful Easter flowers.....what a delight!...OooOooh and this little chickadee was purchased at the Country Living fair....This show really gets you in the mood for Easter!....Although there was more clothes there than I would of liked but never mind it is a great show!


Ive just thrown this picture in for good measure as the little girl with her watering can and the boy with a wink in his eye reminded me of happy times and I thought as this was a blog full of 'Happy pics' I should include it!

Right....here we are in the thick of it last sunday....sourcing our Easter Flowers....


Heres Fred.....Just bought a lovely load of bulbs in this chic tub!....

Sorry to these people that got in the way of my picture...This is the only hussely bussely picture i have, but i hope you get the drift of the high street scene....there are growers from all over the place that come to this market and it is so much cheaper than the garden centres...so do bare that in mind folks when you next need a palm for the garden!

Heres a few of my favourite shops....

'OPENHOUSE'
******0O0******


'MADE'
******0O0******



'COURTESAN COUTURE'
******0O0******

And this little shop....I forget the name of it but i am sure one of you will be able to remind me!

....And then look what we found! Fred and Kev having a sneeky Cumberland sausage roll!!!


So of course we had to have one too - but there is no pic (or no evidence I should say!)....sorry! You see when you are the photographer, no one gets to take your photo!!

I wanted to take all of these home as my Nan and Granddad used to have them in their front garden and they remind me of old times....You know when families used to get together around the piano and have a good old sing song!


And this is 'Treacle' - they sell such Divine little cakes....with all the 1950's accessories...so you know why we love it here!

...And here I am at last....a picture of me!!!

I hope all of you have a lovely easter and ill see you on the other side.....all the best - luv happy xx

12 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures, thanks for putting us in an Easter sort of moods....your home looks fab. worthy of a book to itself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Treacle too! They sell the best cupcakes in London.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely Easter surprise post Happy !! May your Easter be as lovely as your photos. Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I love so much your blog and your "world"! It's very difficult for me to speak English. But I must say to you that I love so so much your universe. I make your blog in my links I hope it's not a problem for you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My stars, girl! You have an amazing home!! I love it! Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to live in your dining room! I drooled when I saw it... it's my idea of what heaven looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the last year I have collected odd chairs, too & planning on painting them in different solid colors like Fred did. Yep, I saw it in the CK book I have. I love those shutters - the color is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your pics - I love seeing what England is like. :)
    tammyCA

    ReplyDelete
  8. The beautiful pictures and your narrative made me feel like I was there. Nice seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness - that is really your HOME??!! WOW-eee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your photos! Your home is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just discovered I can click on your pictures and get them really big. You can understand the excitement when I clicked on that cupcake picture!! Looks like a lovely day. We should all get together this summer, shop and eat cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dining room is so beautiful. It truly belongs on the cover of Country Living magazine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...I really do appreciate your kind words xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.