Oh my goodness! I am soooooo sorry for not being around for a while there! Oh and how vain it was of me to broadcast about my birthday, only to leave you all for more than a week!...without an update!  Thank you all so much for my birthday wishes :) I had such a lovely day...well it all started the day before actually, as my lovely son Daz paid me a surprise visit from Uni, to wish me a HAPPY Birthday....as you can imagine...I was grinning from ear to ear!  it was such a lovely surprise!

Freddy surprised me by bringing me breakfast in bed...lovely smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels with Bucks Fizz and choccies! HIC! oh I was in heaven!...He also surprised me with 44 pink roses and wonderful pink ribbon tied balloons with lights in them...which were so special! Rosie bought me my favourite moisturising cream and gave me a lovely card, that melted my heart :) Its the little things in life that are so special...I think as we grow older we realise that.  The rest of my day was filled with visiting my Mum who treated us to a lovely meal out...which I must recommend here.

We then went to visit Freddy's Mum and Dad....they are a complete contrast to my Mum and her partner Reg....have you ever seen the film, My Big Fat Greek Wedding! well the quieter family is my Mum and the Big Greek family is Freddy's Mum and Dad....which I love because it is always so lively around their house...everyone speaks across each other so the talking gets louder and louder...the stories they tell are so funny...they were born in the East End of London, so those of you with family from that area will know what I am talking about...they know everyone and all the conversations involve somebody with a long catchy name...for instance Bobby the Butcher, One eyed Dave and Pearly Bird! I love talking to them about the old days...that made my Birthday soooo complete :)


Do you like my first picture....I don't know whether a few of you have already posted about this card already (it is available in the shops but I have added it in photoshop to my picture! hehehe!) as I have been busy in my half hour and have not gotten around to visit all of your lovely blogs lately....but YAY! Chrimbo is looming....and this card is soo apt...I ventured out into town the other day and didnt like it at all...why oh why is everyone so caught up in buying nasty pressies out on the High Street...I have been at home crafting my christmas pressies, drinking mulled wine (is this alcoholic?) and eating mince pies...putting on as much weight as the turkeys that we will be eating for christmas lunch! LOL, using items that I have bought through the year and it has been so rewarding and not half...even a quarter or a smidge of the price that Kirstie has paid for her HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS! Oh do please have a look over HERE My Freddy has written a post about her! and you know what he is like! its sooo funny!


...and just a thought - check out this lovely site HERE its all about a Victorian Christmas, which is sooo delightful with lots of traditions, History and nostalgia!...it also happens to be a TV programme on at the moment...so if you are not watching it, you can find out when you can :)
I have also been good this week in sending pressies abroad and I also packaged up my Secret Santa parcel to my Secret Santa partner...so one of you will be receiving that soon! Here is a preview of it wrapped up....Ooo Sooo Yummy...I wouldn't mind receiving it myself...they say those are the best presents to give don't they :)  

The Father Christmas's above we found in a local Charity shop...aren't they cute and only 20p each! such a bargain eh! and so exciting when you find something old and so cute...something that has stood the test of time and not been made cheaply and fallen apart just as quick...that is the beauty of buying and sending a handmade or vintage gift :)
These are some of our vintage baubles that we have collected through the year...I cannot bare to part with them and we have decorated everywhere with them this year! and the little scottie tin that I purchased in July comes so in handy now, as they look lovely set amoungst the baubles.

For my next post I will be showing you my dining room and how we have decorated it for Christmas, until then, have fun everyone and I'll be back in a few days :)

Love Happy x

17 comments:

  1. Im glad you had a nice birthday happy! And that you are getting into the holiday spirit with all your creating of gifties! I wish I had more time to make all of mine.. but i dont..
    Have a lovely weekend!
    hugs
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Happy!
    When I scroll down and read your words...I find myself studying the pictures. I scroll ever so slowly...sometimes I even back up and take another peek at all of your lovelies!
    There are so many goodies to see...don't want to miss a thing!
    Your world...your home...you...are quite simply fascinating!
    I adore all things vintage for Christmas.
    All of my ornaments are vintage...and it makes for such a glowing...old timey tree.
    I will be decorating our tree this weekend.
    Delighted to hear you had a lovely birthday!
    Your roses are lovely!
    Oh I would so adore to be your Secret Santa Pal...whoever...is one lucky gal!
    XXOOXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rosie,

    I'm glad you've had a nice birthday.
    I always enjoy your blog so much.
    I am like you a collector of enamel, pastel-colored enamel, enamel french I love all.
    Thank you for your wonderful blog.

    Greetings Irma

    The Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found this wonderfull blog, and for sure I will be back again!
    What a great mix of colours, old and new stuff. Yummi;0)

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had lovely birthday. All those visitors and pressies. It is such a Happy Lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a lovely Birthday! Looking forward to your decorating photos! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a great day. Your husbands parents sound like a scream. I have to say I love your pictures in your blog. Always so cheery. And never have the words of that poster been more apt!!
    Rachael XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad your birthday went well, certainly as you get older the cards and their kind words mean so much more.

    I loved Fred's post about Kirstie's program, I commented last night as I can only imagine what he thought of the gold leaf pears!! I did enjoy it but thought it could've benefited from a few more actual at home crafts rather than a super duper candle maker etc!

    I love your little Santas, they remind me of ones we had years ago. My mum and I are cursing ourselves for getting rid of many of the decorations we had which I'd love now!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is lovely isn't it, having a happy birthday! So glad you did! suzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always so fun to visit with you!! I can't wait to rhedasee your next post and photos of your decor!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Happy,glad you had such a lovely birthday,I agree with fred,you could teach Kirstie a thing or two!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just LOVE all your Christmas delights! Your upside down tree is fantastic, your vintage ornaments are to die for and I absolutely adore your Keep Calm It's Only Christmas sign!! Can I come to your house for Christmas;)??

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you had a lovely birthday! And now you're back and showing us pretties and colorful things to bring us merriment! I am not one of those shoppers out jostling and yelling on my cell phone and standing in line. I refuse to be part of that.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you had a lovely birthday sweetie!
    What a lovely post! Lots of eye candy :)
    It's so busy this time of year! I've been a bad blogger too :)

    Lots of Love

    Kelly xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Happy, Well what a surprise I had when my other half phoned and said I had a parcle to collect from the post office. So I left work early and hot footed it down there to discover a bright pink parcel, with ribbon just for me and who was it from? You of course, I have kept it wrapped as instructed on the card and it will be the first gift I open on Christmas day. Thank you so much.
    I hope you and your family have a fabby Christmas.
    Love Sophie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. glad to know you had a wonderful bday celebration! such beautiful roses you got! thanks for sharing your birthday with us all. have a good week!

    xo
    fitty

    ReplyDelete
  17. ,I agree with fred,you could teach Kirstie a thing or two!

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...I really do appreciate your kind words xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.