This is a little decorating tip that we have managed to get away with for a long time now! You see the wonderful blue vintage tiles that we have in our fire place, well we only actually have 3 of them...we bought them at an antique fair and new it would take forever to find anymore, so we took them to our local photocopying shop and had them colour photographed on photographic paper, we cut them out and stuck them with double sided tape around the fire place....don't they look good!


All of our friends are astounded when we tell them that they are actually paper and one of my mums friends once said 'weren't you lucky to get another house with the same tiled fire surround'!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a clever idea!

    I love the clock on your mantlepiece. Did it come that colour, or did you paint it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea, that is so creative. I love your use of color in your home, you have a great color sense.
    I enjoy reading your blogs, I wish I could have went shopping with you to the Cath store and hit that sale.
    I made a comment on your hubby's blog too.
    :) Bren
    http://benzy55.typepad.com/my_weblog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would've never suspected, that's so clever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a decorating idea, I think that is a good one.... although if you wanted to make tiles, I believe there is actually lasertransfer paper available out there so you could?
    i love the fireplace. Very chic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...I really do appreciate your kind words xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.